We all share the same moon no matter where we are in the world!

Mar 14, 2011

3rd Annual Chinese Speech Contest

"Hello, my name is Taylor. I am in the first grade at Global Village Academy.
This past Fall my family took a trip to China. There were so many cool things to see and do, and these are four of my favorite:
making new friends, shopping, sight-seeing, and adopting my little sister.
First, I met four girls about my age in our travel group. We became friends and hung out together. We went swimming and shopping. We had movie night in our hotel room and we laughed a lot. I loved playing with girls my own age.
Second, we did a lot of shopping for fun and to buy souvenirs. I had the most fun at the Pearl Market because there were so many pearls and beads to make jewelry. I picked out a bag for myself and a friend. I also liked seeing the shops selling eels and scorpions to eat.
Third, we did a lot of sight-seeing. My two favorite spots were the zoo and a Buddhist Temple. At the Guangzhou City Zoo I saw a big panda and took his picture. I also took pictures of an elephant who kept posing for me. At the Buddhist Temple we were given a family blessing. That was special for me since we were adopting my sister.
And fourth, my favorite memory of China was seeing my little sister for the first time. She had the biggest smile when we got her. I felt great and it is cool being a big sister. I love my mei mei Kendy!
I will never forget my trip to China. It was the best trip I have ever taken and I can't wait to go again.
Thank you"

Tay gave this speech in front of the school. She did an awesome job! I am so proud of her.

No comments:

Post a Comment

lovebug Bites